The educational calendar for both the New Jersey and California training centers has been updated with classes from September-February. Please see the Educational Calendar page for class dates and course descriptions or click on the link, http://yonkausaskinwellness.com/yon-ka-educational-calendar/
Atelier Emmanuel Hi-lites: A weekend with Yon-Ka.
Great post from Alisa Goldberg who attended a Signature Facial class this summer in Los Angeles. She shares the knowledge she gained and her top 3 product recommendations. Thank you Alisa!
Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC Cosmetics & Fragrance Marketing Class Visit YON-KA Labs June 1, 2012
Click the link to check out the YON-KAttitude Pro Newsletter!
Fiona Stiles, an incredible makeup artist with an extensive and impressive portfolio recently mentioned using Yon-Ka’s Pamplemousse on two of her celebrity clients. You can read her blog posts at the links below and don’t forget to check out her website to see the rest of her gorgeous work. http://www.fionastiles.com/index.html
Jessica Chastain at the Marni Launch http://www.fionastilesmakeup.com/2012/03/i-loved-colors-of-marni-dress-that.html#comment-form
Chloe Moretz at the Critics Choice Awards http://www.fionastilesmakeup.com/2012/01/get-look-chloe-moretz.html#comment-form
Courtesy of Parisian Eye!
Saying “approved” – as I usually do when I like – when talking about my experience at the worldwide Yon-Ka flagship spa in Paris is an understatement. I LOVED it !
Located in the heart of Paris’ Left Bank – right across the street from the temple of Parisian chic Le Bon Marché – the 400 square metre spa calls for relaxation, well-being and luxury. Getting a facial on a gloomy, rainy Saturday afternoon was just the perfect idea…
Entrance of the Yon-Ka spa, opposite Le Bon Marché
Passed the understated entrance, you penetrate a very peaceful, relaxing and bright atmosphere (bright thanks to the perfect location, with huge windows all over the spa allowing daylight to penetrate). You then feel like Yon-Ka is about to offer you the perfect escape… And you won’t be disappointed !
Passed the reception where all the necessary attention will be provided to make you feel at home, you enter what I would compare to a sanctuary : a pleasing ambience, scented candles burning all around, a clean and cosy changing room for you to get in the robe and shoes provided. I particularly liked the lounge area you can wait for your treatment at, furbished with comfortable sofas provided to relax and complete with all the latest fashion magazines and the most tasteful teas.
Yon-Ka’s pleasing and cosy setting
Heated treatment beds… A dream !
Describing the treatment I peacefully received might not give you all the feelings I experienced while receiving it, but here is a description of the differents steps and procedure of the male moisturizing facial :
- First, a cleansing lotion is applied, in order to get rid of all the accumulated pollution and possible cosmetics you might be wearing
- Then, another very new procedure to me : a lotion is applied with a Lucas Championniere facial steamer… Your lotion really penetrates your skin in a thin, delicate mist… Feeling like a warm veil covering your face !
- The next step consists of a delicate scrubbing and more lotion (you can’t get enough of it !)
- One of my favourite part (and something really new to me as it was the first time I was getting one) consists of what comes next. Once the skin is clean and bare from everything, you are treated to a micropeel : a safe and effective procedure that can be customized to meet the needs of all skin types
- The « heart » of the facial I had chosen was then ready to be applied : the moisturizing mask, that Yon-Ka activates with a steam machine in order to help the active ingredients penetrate – and also to prepare your skin for what felt to me like the worst, yet necessary, part of the treatment : cleaning of blackheads…
- I then felt like after the cream applied after and the day cream were leading me to the end of this unforgettable moment… And unfortunately it was !
This facial came complete with neck, head and hand massage and subtle scents of lemon, pineaple, blackcurrant… Honestly, a must-do for all of us stressed professionals in Paris !
For the 30-year-old Alba, clear and vibrant skin depends on healthy ingredients, both inside and out. “I stay far away from packaged and processed food and eat a lot of organic and fresh fruit,” she told Vogue India of her skin-savvy diet. The toxin-free approach extends to her product routine as well — she washes twice a day with Yonka’s Creamy Cleanser, and hydrates with Dr. Hauschka’s Toned Day Cream. Says Alba, “I try to use as many organic products as possible.”
Martha Stewart, a long time Yon-Ka Paris fan, has featured our products on her show several times in recent years. We love that Martha loves Yon-Ka!
Watch Martha rave about Advanced Optimizer Serum in her Skin Care 101 episode at the link below: http://ow.ly/abPYo
We are featured in the Top Skin-Care Products video at the 5:30 mark.
The educational calendar for both the New Jersey and California training center has been updated with classes from May-August. Please see the Educational Calendar page for class dates and course descriptions.
Our Springtime in Paris winner, Susan Zahn, wrote a lovely summary of her trip to share with everyone. You can read all about it here, http://yonkausaskinwellness.com/springtime-in-paris-events/ or simply click on the Springtime in Paris tab.
Thank you Susan!